- Constitutional Law and Public International Law
- Administrative Law and Public Procurement
- European and Competition Law / Public Regulation of Economy
- Criminal Law and Administrative law offences
- Civil Law (Persons rights and state, contract and tort law, property law and inheritance)
- Commercial and Company Law, Banking Law, Financial and Capital Markets
- Recovery of Credits and Insolvencies
- Labour Law
- Tax Law
- Litigation and Arbitration
European and Competition Law / Public Regulation of Economy
Since Portugal joined the European Economic Community, and especially after the strengthening of cohesion with the institution of the European Union, the daily life of citizens and companies, and thus also of public institutions, is almost entirely framed by rules issued by the European institutions, especially with regard to sectors such as:
– The public regulation of economy,
– The European law and European competition law,
– The more or less direct influence on all other national regulatory areas.
Saragoça da Matta e Silveiro de Barros Law Firm – SM&SB – provides legal advice and judicial representation in all these areas, taking a global and comprehensive view of the current law in Portugal as a whole, even though of international origin.